Author Topic: Adjust your marketing routine  (Read 428 times)

James Doan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • James Doan - My Corner Office
Adjust your marketing routine
« on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:43 pm »
Most people need to take a mental health day from time to time, when they just don't feel like going through with their usual business routine.

But if this happens a lot with respect to the marketing tasks that you've set for yourself, it's time to pause and reflect.  Did you take on tasks that are too boring, too difficult or unpleasant in some other way?  If so, perhaps you can outsource those to-dos.  Or perhaps you'd do well to find other marketing tasks you feel more attuned to.

Some experts think it's fine to let those following you know when you haven't felt like it.  They say that increases your perceived authenticity. 

I don't agree.  If some of those reading or listening to your "haven't felt like it" post or podcast are potential clients, this legitimately gets them wondering whether you will bail out on their project when you do not feel like it.

I also think it's wise to quietly, without making it a big deal, readjust your marketing routine when you can't regularly get around to what you'd decided to do.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jason Mead

• View Profile
Re: Adjust your marketing routine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 10:37:27 pm »
Sometimes taking a mental health day is the best thing you can do for yourself. While one day might not solve heavy underlying problems that lead to burnout, a mental health day can provide a much-needed break to pause, regroup, and come back with greater levels of energy and a fresh, less-stressed perspective.

Recent Topics

Greatest Inventions in the World of Scale Modelling by Mr Kipling
March 13, 2022, 12:15:24 pm

A random act of kindness by James Doan
March 11, 2022, 09:35:15 pm

3 factors when selecting a door closer by Harold Doan & Sons Ltd.
March 08, 2022, 09:21:50 pm

Working with superglue by Mr Kipling
March 06, 2022, 08:44:36 pm

Tell a story when advertising by Jason Mead
February 16, 2022, 10:07:52 pm

Protecting your business by Harold Doan & Sons Ltd.
February 14, 2022, 08:43:24 pm